3,114 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 3,114 pilgrims on Saturday left here for their onward journey to cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch comprising 2,087 men, 724 women, 83 children and 220 sadhus left in a fleet of 111 vehicles from Bagwati Nagar base camp here around 0400 hours, an official
The cavalcade of vehicles, alongwith security cover, reached Ramban by 1100 hours, they said, adding the pilgrims were expected to reach base camps at Baltal and Pahalgam by the evening.
As many as 29,810 pilgrims from different parts of the country left from here to the cave shrine of Amarnath since the commencement of yatra on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman