3,114 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 3,114 pilgrims on Saturday left here for their onward journey to cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch comprising 2,087 men, 724 women, 83 children and 220 sadhus left in a fleet of 111 vehicles from Bagwati Nagar base camp here around 0400 hours, an official
The cavalcade of vehicles, alongwith security cover, reached Ramban by 1100 hours, they said, adding the pilgrims were expected to reach base camps at Baltal and Pahalgam by the evening.
As many as 29,810 pilgrims from different parts of the country left from here to the cave shrine of Amarnath since the commencement of yatra on June 30.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife