3,114 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 3,114 pilgrims on Saturday left here for their onward journey to cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch comprising 2,087 men, 724 women, 83 children and 220 sadhus left in a fleet of 111 vehicles from Bagwati Nagar base camp here around 0400 hours, an official
The cavalcade of vehicles, alongwith security cover, reached Ramban by 1100 hours, they said, adding the pilgrims were expected to reach base camps at Baltal and Pahalgam by the evening.
As many as 29,810 pilgrims from different parts of the country left from here to the cave shrine of Amarnath since the commencement of yatra on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'