3,114 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 3,114 pilgrims on Saturday left here for their onward journey to cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch comprising 2,087 men, 724 women, 83 children and 220 sadhus left in a fleet of 111 vehicles from Bagwati Nagar base camp here around 0400 hours, an official
The cavalcade of vehicles, alongwith security cover, reached Ramban by 1100 hours, they said, adding the pilgrims were expected to reach base camps at Baltal and Pahalgam by the evening.
As many as 29,810 pilgrims from different parts of the country left from here to the cave shrine of Amarnath since the commencement of yatra on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?