3.12 lakh devotees pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over three lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine even as a batch of 609 devotees left here for their onward journey to the cave shrine Thursday.
As many as 3,12,562 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir till last evening, police said today.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 21 vehicles, carrying 28th batch of 609 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.50 AM to pay obeisance at the ice lingam in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch, including 429 men, 127 women and 04 children, apart from 49 sadhus, is on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley, they added.
With today`s batch a total of 47,715 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani