3.12 lakh devotees pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over three lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine even as a batch of 609 devotees left here for their onward journey to the cave shrine Thursday.
As many as 3,12,562 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir till last evening, police said today.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 21 vehicles, carrying 28th batch of 609 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.50 AM to pay obeisance at the ice lingam in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch, including 429 men, 127 women and 04 children, apart from 49 sadhus, is on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley, they added.
With today`s batch a total of 47,715 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter