3.12 lakh devotees pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over three lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine even as a batch of 609 devotees left here for their onward journey to the cave shrine Thursday.
As many as 3,12,562 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir till last evening, police said today.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 21 vehicles, carrying 28th batch of 609 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.50 AM to pay obeisance at the ice lingam in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch, including 429 men, 127 women and 04 children, apart from 49 sadhus, is on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Kashmir Valley, they added.
With today`s batch a total of 47,715 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof