`34,753 illegal electricity connections regularised in J&K`
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has regularised over 34,000 illegal electricity connections in the state and penalties have been imposed against the erring consumers.
Minister of state for Technical Education and Power, Vikar Rasool replying to a question by Ghulam Nabi Monga in the Legislative Council today, said that "during the current financial year ending January 2013 as many as 34,753 illegal electricity connections have been regularised by PDD".
The minister said that as far as action against wrong doers is concerned, same is being taken as per stipulations of J&K Electricity Act-2010.
"Fine as admissible under rules (relevant J&K SERC traffic and Supply code regulations) is being imposed against the erring consumers and illegal connection holders," he said.
It is worthwhile to mention that this year ending January, 2013 as many as 58,532 inspections have been conducted by the electricity officials and fine to the tune of Rs 12.37 crore have been imposed.
The Minister informed that regular disconnections of defaulters are being carried out to helf recovery of pending electricity dues from the consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- World's biggest online piracy site Kickass Torrents shut down, alleged owner arrested
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!