4 injured, one missing as avalanche hits Banihal town
Banihal (JK): Four persons were injured as avalanche hit mountainous belt of Banihal in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir Monday.
Ten persons, including four women, were trapped in the avalanche triggered in Mahoo-Mangit mountainous belt of the region, said Anil Magotra, Superintendent of Police Ramban.
An operation was launched by security forces with the help of civilians, and nine of them were rescued.
One person, Ali Mohammad, was missing, the SP said adding that operation to trace him was on.
Four of rescued persons have been hospitalised due to their critical condition, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez