4 injured, one missing as avalanche hits Banihal town
Banihal (JK): Four persons were injured as avalanche hit mountainous belt of Banihal in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir Monday.
Ten persons, including four women, were trapped in the avalanche triggered in Mahoo-Mangit mountainous belt of the region, said Anil Magotra, Superintendent of Police Ramban.
An operation was launched by security forces with the help of civilians, and nine of them were rescued.
One person, Ali Mohammad, was missing, the SP said adding that operation to trace him was on.
Four of rescued persons have been hospitalised due to their critical condition, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie