4 injured, one missing as avalanche hits Banihal town
Banihal (JK): Four persons were injured as avalanche hit mountainous belt of Banihal in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir Monday.
Ten persons, including four women, were trapped in the avalanche triggered in Mahoo-Mangit mountainous belt of the region, said Anil Magotra, Superintendent of Police Ramban.
An operation was launched by security forces with the help of civilians, and nine of them were rescued.
One person, Ali Mohammad, was missing, the SP said adding that operation to trace him was on.
Four of rescued persons have been hospitalised due to their critical condition, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference