4 injured, one missing as avalanche hits Banihal town
Banihal (JK): Four persons were injured as avalanche hit mountainous belt of Banihal in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir Monday.
Ten persons, including four women, were trapped in the avalanche triggered in Mahoo-Mangit mountainous belt of the region, said Anil Magotra, Superintendent of Police Ramban.
An operation was launched by security forces with the help of civilians, and nine of them were rescued.
One person, Ali Mohammad, was missing, the SP said adding that operation to trace him was on.
Four of rescued persons have been hospitalised due to their critical condition, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!