4 killed, 37 injured in separate road mishaps in Jammu
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 37
others were injured in two separate road mishaps in Udhampur
and Jammu districts, police said here Tuesday.
Three persons, including a couple, were killed and
Chief Planning Officer Udhampur and his wife Lalita Devi were
seriously injured when a car in which they were travelling in
collided head-on with another vehicle at Panara on
Battal-Billawar road in Udhampur district last evening, they
The accident occurred when the victims were returning
from a marriage function, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Rampal (driver),
Khem Raj and his wife Parmila, they said.
In another accident, Vijay Kumar died on the spot and
35 others were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party
skidded off the road and plunged into a gorge at Saniara in
Akhnoor tehsil of Jammu district late last evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP