4 killed, 37 injured in separate road mishaps in Jammu
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 37
others were injured in two separate road mishaps in Udhampur
and Jammu districts, police said here Tuesday.
Three persons, including a couple, were killed and
Chief Planning Officer Udhampur and his wife Lalita Devi were
seriously injured when a car in which they were travelling in
collided head-on with another vehicle at Panara on
Battal-Billawar road in Udhampur district last evening, they
The accident occurred when the victims were returning
from a marriage function, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Rampal (driver),
Khem Raj and his wife Parmila, they said.
In another accident, Vijay Kumar died on the spot and
35 others were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party
skidded off the road and plunged into a gorge at Saniara in
Akhnoor tehsil of Jammu district late last evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Nitish Kumar seeks PM Modi's help to desilt Ganga, says feel like crying at river's condition in Bihar
- INSIDE DELHI METRO: Is this what happens to men who enter ladies coach? WATCH
- Gujarat Assembly ratifies GST Bill unanimously
- Ketan Mehta awaits 'official' word on heading India's Oscar jury