4 killed, 37 injured in separate road mishaps in Jammu
Jammu: Four persons were killed and 37
others were injured in two separate road mishaps in Udhampur
and Jammu districts, police said here Tuesday.
Three persons, including a couple, were killed and
Chief Planning Officer Udhampur and his wife Lalita Devi were
seriously injured when a car in which they were travelling in
collided head-on with another vehicle at Panara on
Battal-Billawar road in Udhampur district last evening, they
The accident occurred when the victims were returning
from a marriage function, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Rampal (driver),
Khem Raj and his wife Parmila, they said.
In another accident, Vijay Kumar died on the spot and
35 others were injured when a bus carrying a marriage party
skidded off the road and plunged into a gorge at Saniara in
Akhnoor tehsil of Jammu district late last evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes