4 persons, cop injured in clash over youth`s death in Kulgam
Srinagar: At least five persons including a policeman were injured on Sunday in clashes between protesters and security forces in Kulgam district, where a youth was allegedly killed in CRPF firing.
Several youths pelted stones at the personnel of law enforcing agencies in Qaimoh area of the district and adjoining areas to protest against the killing of 15-year-old Suhail Ahmad Mir in firing yesterday, a police official said.
Security forces used tear smoke shells and fired pellet guns in a vain bid to chase away the protesters, the official said.
He said four protesters were injured as they were hit by pellets while a policeman also sustained injuries during stone-pelting.
The situation in the area continues to be tense as additional police and paramilitary personnel have been deployed in the area for restoring law and order, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing