40 kg RDX recovered in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: At least 40 kg of RDX was recovered by the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday, an army source said, sending alarm bells ringing about the motives of terrorists operating in the state. This is the second time in a month that such a huge quantity of explosives has been seized.
The RDX was recovered from a hideout of terrorists close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Nowshera area of Rajouri district, about 140 km north of Jammu, the army source said.
"Acting on a tip off, searches were launched by the army and the troops stumbled upon a huge cache of RDX," an army officer said.
The security agencies are anxious about the recovery of such a huge quantity of RDX in Jammu and Kashmir. "It seems that the terrorists have deadly plans," the army officer said.
"More than 450 rounds of AK-47 ammunition were also found," he added.
This is for the second time in a month that such a huge recovery of RDX has been made in Jammu and Kashmir.
The security forces recovered 75 kg of RDX, and several grenades from a suspected hideout of terror outfit Lashakar-e-Taiba from the Kishtwar area July 9.
The security agencies are trying to find out the people responsible and also their objective for stocking such a huge quantity of RDX.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh