400 trapped civilians rescued near Leh
Khardung La: Around 400 civilians trapped in landslides near Leh have been rescued by the Army.
According to reports, the tourists got trapped after landslides hit Khardung La, which is the highest motorable pass in the world, around 40 kilometres from Leh.
At least 150 vehicles were pressed into service by the Army and the police, which conducted a joint operation Friday night, to rescue the civilians.
Reports said among the trapped were many women and children, some of whome were administered oxygen.
Khardung La in Ladakh is popular among tourists, especially for mountain biking adventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video