40,587 gun licenses issued in two years in J&K
Jammu: Over 40,000 gun licenses were issued during the last two years in Jammu and Kashmir, the state government Wednesday informed the Legislative Assembly.
As per details furnished by the district magistrates, 40,587 gun licenses were issued during the years 2011 and 2012, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a written reply.
The highest number of 7,769 gun licenses had been given in Srinagar, followed by 7,605 in Doda, 7,048 in Shopian and 5,461 in Udhampur.
4,963 licenses were allowed in Ramban, 2,148 in Kulgam, 1,302 in Rajouri and 1,026 in Pulwama among others.
However, no gun license was issued in Bandipora district of Kashmir valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH