4,213 more pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,213 pilgrims today left from here to the Amarnath cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims, including 252 sadhus and 78 children, left in a cavalcade of 136 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp at around 0500 hours, officials said.
With today`s batch, as many as 44,975 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the Amarnath cave, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials