4,213 more pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,213 pilgrims today left from here to the Amarnath cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims, including 252 sadhus and 78 children, left in a cavalcade of 136 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp at around 0500 hours, officials said.
With today`s batch, as many as 44,975 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the Amarnath cave, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued