44 pilgrims leave for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: A small batch of 44 pilgrims left Jammu base camp today for Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch, comprising 15 men and 29 sadhus left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 4.40 AM towards Amarnath to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said.
The pilgrims, who left in two vehicles under tight security arrangements, are expected to reach Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!