44 pilgrims leave for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: A small batch of 44 pilgrims left Jammu base camp today for Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch, comprising 15 men and 29 sadhus left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 4.40 AM towards Amarnath to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said.
The pilgrims, who left in two vehicles under tight security arrangements, are expected to reach Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery