44 pilgrims leave for Amarnath yatra
Jammu: A small batch of 44 pilgrims left Jammu base camp today for Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch, comprising 15 men and 29 sadhus left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at around 4.40 AM towards Amarnath to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said.
The pilgrims, who left in two vehicles under tight security arrangements, are expected to reach Pahalgam and Baltal base camps in the evening, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday