48 poll complaints in Jammu and Kashmir so far
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir election authorities have so far received 48 complaints of alleged violations in connection with Lok Sabha elections.
"Fourty eight complaints have been recieved by election authorities with regard to LS polls in Jammu and Kashmir till now," a senior official of J&K election department told PTI.
While 28 complaints were filed directly by different political parties to the Election Commission of India, the rest 20 were filed to Chief Electoral officer (CEO) through different Returning Officers.
"All the 20 complaints filed to Election Authority have been disposed of," officer said.
The complaints filed to ECI have been sent to J&K Election department for further investigation and disposal and they are under process, he said.
Among them is a complaint against Union Minister Ghulam Azad and another against a two-time MP Madan Lal Sharma.
J-K BJP had on March 27 filed a formal complaint against Azad, Congress candidate for Udhampur-Kathua-Doda seat, alleging that in his recent affidavit he had stated to have bought a plot in 1994 at Washim in Maharashtra but he did not declare the same when he contested from Bhaderwah assembly seat during his tenure as Chief Minister in 2005-2008.
Sharma has been accused of violating the Model Code of Conduct by taking a large number of the people to office of returing officer during filing of nomination papers in violation of ECI guidelines.
"The notice was given to MP and he has replied," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India