5-kg IED found along banks of Dal Lake, defused
Srinagar: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found along the banks of Dal Lake, the star attraction for tourists visiting the Kashmir
valley, police said.
The 5 kg IED, placed inside a steel container, was planted by suspected militants near a wine shop outside a hotel along Boulevard road in Dalgate area of the city, they said.
The device was noticed by the locals, who informed the police.
The IED was later defused by the bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das