5-kg IED found along banks of Dal Lake, defused
Srinagar: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found along the banks of Dal Lake, the star attraction for tourists visiting the Kashmir
valley, police said.
The 5 kg IED, placed inside a steel container, was planted by suspected militants near a wine shop outside a hotel along Boulevard road in Dalgate area of the city, they said.
The device was noticed by the locals, who informed the police.
The IED was later defused by the bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB