5-kg IED found along banks of Dal Lake, defused
Srinagar: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found along the banks of Dal Lake, the star attraction for tourists visiting the Kashmir
valley, police said.
The 5 kg IED, placed inside a steel container, was planted by suspected militants near a wine shop outside a hotel along Boulevard road in Dalgate area of the city, they said.
The device was noticed by the locals, who informed the police.
The IED was later defused by the bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj