5-kg IED found along banks of Dal Lake, defused
Srinagar: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was on Thursday found along the banks of Dal Lake, the star attraction for tourists visiting the Kashmir
valley, police said.
The 5 kg IED, placed inside a steel container, was planted by suspected militants near a wine shop outside a hotel along Boulevard road in Dalgate area of the city, they said.
The device was noticed by the locals, who informed the police.
The IED was later defused by the bomb disposal squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere