5 policemen suspended over unruly scenes in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: 5 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel have been suspended in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the Members` area of the state Assembly, demanding implementation of employment policy.
Additional DGP Ram Lubhaya ordered the suspension of the five security personnel, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said on Tuesday.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front and jumped into the Members` area of the House, shouting slogans.
The youths, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?