5 policemen suspended over unruly scenes in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: 5 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel have been suspended in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the Members` area of the state Assembly, demanding implementation of employment policy.
Additional DGP Ram Lubhaya ordered the suspension of the five security personnel, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said on Tuesday.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front and jumped into the Members` area of the House, shouting slogans.
The youths, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam