5 policemen suspended over unruly scenes in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: 5 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel have been suspended in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the Members` area of the state Assembly, demanding implementation of employment policy.
Additional DGP Ram Lubhaya ordered the suspension of the five security personnel, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said on Tuesday.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front and jumped into the Members` area of the House, shouting slogans.
The youths, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption