5 policemen suspended over unruly scenes in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: 5 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel have been suspended in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the Members` area of the state Assembly, demanding implementation of employment policy.
Additional DGP Ram Lubhaya ordered the suspension of the five security personnel, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said on Tuesday.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front and jumped into the Members` area of the House, shouting slogans.
The youths, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode