5 policemen suspended over unruly scenes in J&K Assembly
Srinagar: 5 Jammu and Kashmir Police personnel have been suspended in connection with yesterday`s incident when three youths jumped into the Members` area of the state Assembly, demanding implementation of employment policy.
Additional DGP Ram Lubhaya ordered the suspension of the five security personnel, Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said on Tuesday.
The Assembly witnessed unruly scenes yesterday as three youths unfurled the flag of newly-floated party J&K Democratic Front and jumped into the Members` area of the House, shouting slogans.
The youths, who had got passes on the request of expelled BJP member Jagdish Raj Sapolia to witness the proceedings from the public gallery, were overpowered by Assembly marshals and placed under arrest on the orders of the Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists