50% rebate to tourists in J&K this Diwali
Srinagar: In an effort to boost tourist arrivals during off-season, Jammu and Kashmir government has announced a 50 percent rebate on lodging and transport charges to those visiting the Valley on the eve of Diwali and Saffron festival.
"Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation will provide 50 per cent rebate on lodging and transport charges to the tourists visiting Kashmir," Tourism Minister G A Mir said.
Mir chaired a meeting yesterday to review the arrangements made by various departments for three-day Kashmir Saffron festival scheduled to commence on October 29 at Visoo village of Pampore, known as "golden bowl" of Kashmir for high Saffron produce.
The Minister said private tourism players are also going to give concessions in boarding and lodging to the tourists during the Saffron and Diwali festivals.
He said tour and travel operators of Katra would also organise a familiarisation tour to encourage Mata Vaishno Devi pilgrims to participate in the Saffron festival.
"During the festival days several tourist attractions will be showcased including saffron run, cultural programs, laughter shows, flower plucking, painting competition besides setting up different stalls of agro-based products and traditional dresses for photography," he said.
The main objective of organising the festival is not only to promote the rare and world famous saffron of Kashmir but also to encourage and support the educated youth in taking tourism related entrepreneurial activities, he added.
The Minister also emphasised on carrying out a mass publicity campaign about the Saffron festival especially outside the state to attract more and more tourists to the Valley.
He also instructed authorities for proper regulation of traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu National Highway near the festival site for smooth movement of vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks