53 percent increase in places of worship in J&K in 10 years: Census
Jammu: A 53 percent rise has been seen in the number of places of worship in Jammu and Kashmir in last one decade, according to figures released by state`s Directorate of Census Operations.
As per the figures released at a workshop here today, there has been 53.43 percent increase in the places of worship in the state between census 2001 and 2011.
There are 49,135 places of worship in J&K as per the figures of census 2011 as compared to 32,025 places of worship in 2001 census figures, showing an increase of 17,110 places of worship.
Jammu has highest number of 6,474 places of worship followed by Kathua with 3,933 places of worship, 3,478 in Anantnag, 3,394 in Baramulla, 3,231 in Doda, 2,529 in Budgam, 2,520 in Kupwara, 2,475 in Srinagar, 2,294 in Pulwama, 2,237 in Samba, 2,136 in Udhampur districts.
Similarly, Rajouri district has 2,061 places of worship followed by 1,837 in Poonch, 1,531 in Kishtwar, 1,405 in Ramban, 1,306 in Kulgam, 1,237 in Reasi, 1,198 in Bandipora, 1,095 in Kargil, 1,074 in Shopian, 1,018 in Ganderbal and lowest 677 places of worship in Leh district.
Kargil district has highest number of shrines (2.7 per cent) followed by Doda (2.6 per cent), Samba (2.2 per cent), Kishtwar (2.1 per cent) and Kathua (2 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe