5,618 weapons deposited in J&K ahead of LS polls: CEO
Jammu: 5,618 weapons have been deposited with the police in Jammu and Kashmir where 315 hamlets have been identified as "vulnerable" and 308 persons identified as probable source of trouble.
Chief Electoral Officer Umang Narula on Sunday said no incident of violence was reported during the campaign for the first phase of Lok Sabha polls in the state on April 10.
He said adequate deployment of SAP and CAPF has been planned to ensure free and fair polling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000