5,618 weapons deposited in J&K ahead of LS polls: CEO
Jammu: 5,618 weapons have been deposited with the police in Jammu and Kashmir where 315 hamlets have been identified as "vulnerable" and 308 persons identified as probable source of trouble.
Chief Electoral Officer Umang Narula on Sunday said no incident of violence was reported during the campaign for the first phase of Lok Sabha polls in the state on April 10.
He said adequate deployment of SAP and CAPF has been planned to ensure free and fair polling.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?