58 Indians, 65 POK residents stranded due to LoC-bus suspension
Jammu: With the suspension of "Karvan-e-Aman" bus service between POK and J&K, as many as 58 Indians and 65 POK residents are stranded on the two sides of LoC.
"As many as 58 Indians are stranded in POK and 65 POK nationals are stranded in Jammu and Kashmir after the suspension of cross-LoC bus service by the Pakistan indefinitely", Poonch district officials said on Friday.
Indian nationals and POK residents travelled to each other’s side on 15 days permit and some of them had extended the stay of the visit on the two sides.
"Pakistan has suspended the cross-LoC bus service between Chakan-Da-Bagh (J and K) and Rawalakote (PoK) for the time being," Trade Facilitation Officer (TFO), Poonch, Abdul Hamid Sheikh told PTI.
"There would be no cross-LoC bus service on Monday," the TFO said, adding, "No time frame was conveyed to us for re-starting the cross-LoC trade and bus service."
Sheikh said that he contacted Director General, Trade and Travel, PoK for clarifying the situation on LoC trade and travel and he conveyed that there was firing going on and in this situation, no travel can be carried out till further orders.
This is second time that LoC travel and trade has came a grinding halt after Pakistan Army refused to open gates during the past 8 months.
The Poonch-Rawlakote `Carvan-e-Aman` bus service was also suspended on June 11 last year and resumed later on July 17 after the Brigade commander level meeting between Pak and India armies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31