5.8 magnitude earthquake felt in J&K
Baderwah/Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake rocked Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday but there were no reports of any casualties so far.
"A tremor measuring 5.8 on the richter scale was recorded at 12.27 PM today," an official of the MET office said.
He said the epicentre of the earthquake was Baderwah area of the state and located 10 kms deep.
Tremors were felt around from 1227 hours to 1234 hours, officials said.
As per the intitial reports, about six buildings have suffered minor damages including 2 schools in Bhaderwah.
The tremor shook the buildings in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley, prompting the residents to come out.
Police said there are no reports of anyone getting hurt and any damage to the property due to the tremor in Srinagar.
Yeaterday, an earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale had been felt in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas of Doda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17