5.8 magnitude earthquake felt in J&K
Baderwah/Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake rocked Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday but there were no reports of any casualties so far.
"A tremor measuring 5.8 on the richter scale was recorded at 12.27 PM today," an official of the MET office said.
He said the epicentre of the earthquake was Baderwah area of the state and located 10 kms deep.
Tremors were felt around from 1227 hours to 1234 hours, officials said.
As per the intitial reports, about six buildings have suffered minor damages including 2 schools in Bhaderwah.
The tremor shook the buildings in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley, prompting the residents to come out.
Police said there are no reports of anyone getting hurt and any damage to the property due to the tremor in Srinagar.
Yeaterday, an earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale had been felt in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas of Doda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday