5.8 magnitude earthquake felt in J&K
Baderwah/Srinagar: A moderate intensity earthquake rocked Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday but there were no reports of any casualties so far.
"A tremor measuring 5.8 on the richter scale was recorded at 12.27 PM today," an official of the MET office said.
He said the epicentre of the earthquake was Baderwah area of the state and located 10 kms deep.
Tremors were felt around from 1227 hours to 1234 hours, officials said.
As per the intitial reports, about six buildings have suffered minor damages including 2 schools in Bhaderwah.
The tremor shook the buildings in Srinagar and other parts of the Valley, prompting the residents to come out.
Police said there are no reports of anyone getting hurt and any damage to the property due to the tremor in Srinagar.
Yeaterday, an earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter scale had been felt in Bhaderwah and adjoining areas of Doda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE