5,97,322 educated unemployed youth registered with state govt
Jammu: Around 5,97,322 educated
unemployed youth are registered with the Employment Department
of Jammu and Kashmir government, state Assembly was informed
In a written reply to a question of BJP Legislator
Bharat Bushan in Legislative Assembly, Minister for Labour and
Employment Abdul Gani Malik told the House that 5,97,322
educated unemployed youth have been registered with respective
District Employment and Counselling Centres by December 2010.
47 youth have been provided non-refundable seed money
of about Rs 153 lakhs for establishing income generating units
in Jammu district under Seed Capital Scheme of Sher-e-Kashmir
Employment Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), he said.
Similarly, 916 candidates in Jammu district have been
found eligible for grant of voluntary service allowance ending
February 2011, he said, adding out of which 271 candidates
from Jammu East and Jammu West Constituencies and 43
candidates from Raipur-Domana constituency have been benefited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar