6 IPS officers promoted by J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government today handed promotions to 6 IPS officers while allowing an extension to the principal of the Government Medical College.
At a meeting attended by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the Cabinet today cleared the promotion of the six 1996-batch IPS officers to the Super Time Scale, an official spokesman said here this evening.
The officers promoted are Avtar Singh Bali, Sham Lal Sharma, Jagjit Kumar, Shafqat Ali Watali and Mubarik Ahmed Ganie, with effect from January 1, 2014, and JP Singh, who has been promoted prospectively.
The Cabinet also handed a one year extension to Dr Rafiq Ahmad Pampori as the principal of GMC, Srinagar beyond his date of retirement, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report