6 IPS officers promoted by J&K govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government today handed promotions to 6 IPS officers while allowing an extension to the principal of the Government Medical College.
At a meeting attended by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the Cabinet today cleared the promotion of the six 1996-batch IPS officers to the Super Time Scale, an official spokesman said here this evening.
The officers promoted are Avtar Singh Bali, Sham Lal Sharma, Jagjit Kumar, Shafqat Ali Watali and Mubarik Ahmed Ganie, with effect from January 1, 2014, and JP Singh, who has been promoted prospectively.
The Cabinet also handed a one year extension to Dr Rafiq Ahmad Pampori as the principal of GMC, Srinagar beyond his date of retirement, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'