6 officials suspended for dereliction of duty
Jammu: Five teachers and a junior official were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Director School Education, Jammu, M A Qurashi suspended the six for absenteeism and dereliction of duty during his surprise visit to Government High School and Government Primary School, Chandi Marh, in Bufliaz Zone of Poonch border district yesterday, an Education Department spokesman said on Wednesday.
The suspended staff included teachers Maqbool Ahmad Khwaja, Devinder Singh, Mohd Rafiq, Mohd Shafi, Farmida Kouser and Lab Bearer Tariq Mehmood, he said.
These employees will remain attached to their respective schools during the suspension period.
The Director asked the Chief Education Officer, Poonch, to seek an explanation from Zonal Education Officer, Bufliaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof