6 officials suspended for dereliction of duty
Jammu: Five teachers and a junior official were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Director School Education, Jammu, M A Qurashi suspended the six for absenteeism and dereliction of duty during his surprise visit to Government High School and Government Primary School, Chandi Marh, in Bufliaz Zone of Poonch border district yesterday, an Education Department spokesman said on Wednesday.
The suspended staff included teachers Maqbool Ahmad Khwaja, Devinder Singh, Mohd Rafiq, Mohd Shafi, Farmida Kouser and Lab Bearer Tariq Mehmood, he said.
These employees will remain attached to their respective schools during the suspension period.
The Director asked the Chief Education Officer, Poonch, to seek an explanation from Zonal Education Officer, Bufliaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside