6 officials suspended for dereliction of duty
Jammu: Five teachers and a junior official were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Director School Education, Jammu, M A Qurashi suspended the six for absenteeism and dereliction of duty during his surprise visit to Government High School and Government Primary School, Chandi Marh, in Bufliaz Zone of Poonch border district yesterday, an Education Department spokesman said on Wednesday.
The suspended staff included teachers Maqbool Ahmad Khwaja, Devinder Singh, Mohd Rafiq, Mohd Shafi, Farmida Kouser and Lab Bearer Tariq Mehmood, he said.
These employees will remain attached to their respective schools during the suspension period.
The Director asked the Chief Education Officer, Poonch, to seek an explanation from Zonal Education Officer, Bufliaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda