6 officials suspended for dereliction of duty
Jammu: Five teachers and a junior official were suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Director School Education, Jammu, M A Qurashi suspended the six for absenteeism and dereliction of duty during his surprise visit to Government High School and Government Primary School, Chandi Marh, in Bufliaz Zone of Poonch border district yesterday, an Education Department spokesman said on Wednesday.
The suspended staff included teachers Maqbool Ahmad Khwaja, Devinder Singh, Mohd Rafiq, Mohd Shafi, Farmida Kouser and Lab Bearer Tariq Mehmood, he said.
These employees will remain attached to their respective schools during the suspension period.
The Director asked the Chief Education Officer, Poonch, to seek an explanation from Zonal Education Officer, Bufliaz.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress