60 J&K govt employees arrested for fuelling unrest in Valley
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police arrested
60 government employees, out of a total of 135, who were
allegedly involved in fuelling the recent unrest in the
"We have identified 135 government employees and 60-odd
have been arrested so far," Inspector General of Police,
Kashmir, S M Sahai told reporters here.
He was responding to a question about the involvement of
some government employees in the five-month unrest which left
over 100 persons dead and thousands of others injured.
Sahai said seven employees have been booked under Public
Safety Act (PSA) which provides for detention of a person upto
two years without trial.
"We have sent our recommendations (to the government) and
hope that disciplinary action will be taken (against the
erring employees)," the IGP said.
Sahai said investigations have revealed that some
anti-social and criminal elements had also taken advantage of
the law and order problems in the hope of escaping the dragnet
of the police.
"There are several incidents of arson in which people
indulging in cultivation and illicit trade of bhang and fuki
(intoxicants) were involved," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?