600 applications from PoK crossed youth for rehabilitation
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has
received over 600 applications for a rehabilitation policy
from relatives and parents of Kashmiri militants in Pakistan
occupied Kashmir who want to return.
"We have received and accepted 600 applications (from
the relations of youth aspiring to return back to Jammu and
Kashmir from PoK). They are being verified," Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah said.
"I hope the day is not far when we will approve these 600
applications for the return and rehabilitation of youth gone
across," Omar said, adding that those, who had gone across for
arms training to PoK will return without guns but along with
wives and children to live a life of honour and dignity.
The applications have been filed with Police chiefs of
various districts of Jammu and Kashmir during the past 2
In the applications, it has been claimed by parents and
relatives that the youths are ready to return home.
The state government has formally announced the
rehabilitation policy on November 23 last year.
The policy has been launched to facilitate the return of
ex-militants who belong to Jammu and Kashmir and had crossed
over to PoK for arms and explosive training but had later
given up and are willing to return to the state.
The policy states that those who have gone to PoK or
Pakistan between January 1 1989 and December 31 2009 and their
dependents will be eligible for consideration under the
The applications would be scrutinised by District SPs
and then forwarded to CID, which will prepare a dossier and
give it to the home department which will take a final call on
whether the person can be permitted to return, the policy
The ultras would be allowed to enter only through Wagah
Border in Punjab and Salamabad and Chakan-Da-Bagh LoC points
in Jammu and Kashmir, it said.
The returnees and their families would be lodged for a
period of three months at counselling centres.
"The returnees shall not be entitled to any special
benefits or privileges available in the existing surrender and
rehabilitation policy," the policy states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read