698 politicians among 13,215 civilians killed in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday
said that 13,215 civilians, including 698 politicians, were
killed in terrorist attacks in the state since 1990.
13,215 civilians, including 698 politicians and political
leaders and workers, were killed by terrorists since 1990 in
Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a
written reply in Legislative Council here today.
Giving a break up, he said that 12,517 civilians and
698 politicians and political leaders and workers were killed
between 1990 to February 25, 2011.
He said the highest number of 1,275 civilians were
killed in 1996 and highest number of 101 political leaders and
workers were killed in 2002.
In 2010, there was a decrease in killings as 33
civilians and 4 politicians were killed as compared to 59
civilians and 3 politicians in 2009, he said.
In two months period of current year, 4 civilians and
a political activists were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred