7 from J&K die during Haj pilgrimage
Jammu: Seven people from Jammu and Kashmir died during the annual Haj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia this year, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
As many as 8691 pilgrims from the state performed Haj this year, he said adding of these, seven died.
Five of them were buried in Makkah Mukaramah and one each in Jeddah and Madina Munawarah, the spokesman said.
The dead were Abdul Gaffar of Kupwara, Bakhti Begum of Baramulla, Mukhti Bano from Shopian, Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din from Budgam, Sabza Bibi, hailing from Rajouri, Ghulam Ahmad of Pulwama and Aisha from Pulwama.
Pilgrim Mugli Begum is undergoing treatment in a Saudi hospital, the spokesman said adding she will return with her husband.
All other pilgrims have returned to the state safely, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday