7 from J&K die during Haj pilgrimage
Jammu: Seven people from Jammu and Kashmir died during the annual Haj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia this year, an official spokesman said here on Saturday.
As many as 8691 pilgrims from the state performed Haj this year, he said adding of these, seven died.
Five of them were buried in Makkah Mukaramah and one each in Jeddah and Madina Munawarah, the spokesman said.
The dead were Abdul Gaffar of Kupwara, Bakhti Begum of Baramulla, Mukhti Bano from Shopian, Ghulam Mohi-ud-Din from Budgam, Sabza Bibi, hailing from Rajouri, Ghulam Ahmad of Pulwama and Aisha from Pulwama.
Pilgrim Mugli Begum is undergoing treatment in a Saudi hospital, the spokesman said adding she will return with her husband.
All other pilgrims have returned to the state safely, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!