7 houses gutted in fire, 155 live stock perished in Banihal
Jammu: Seven houses were gutted and 155 live stock perished in a major fire in Banihal belt of Ramban district, police said on Friday.
Fire broke out in a house in Kawna hamlet in Khari area of Banihal belt of Ramban at the middle of the night and spread to others houses, a senior Police officer told PTI.
Army unit and locals helped douse the fire but till then 7 houses were gutted and 155 live stocks including 80 sheep, 41 goats besides cows, buffalo`s perished, he said.
There was, however, no loss of human lives, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof