7 houses gutted in fire, 155 live stock perished in Banihal
Jammu: Seven houses were gutted and 155 live stock perished in a major fire in Banihal belt of Ramban district, police said on Friday.
Fire broke out in a house in Kawna hamlet in Khari area of Banihal belt of Ramban at the middle of the night and spread to others houses, a senior Police officer told PTI.
Army unit and locals helped douse the fire but till then 7 houses were gutted and 155 live stocks including 80 sheep, 41 goats besides cows, buffalo`s perished, he said.
There was, however, no loss of human lives, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users