7 injured in attacks by wild bears in J&K
Srinagar: Seven persons were injured in two separate attacks by wild bears in Kulgam and Pulwama districts of south Kashmir.
The seven villagers were injured when they were attacked by black bears in their villages at Kathpora-Chursoo near Awantipora in Pulwama district and Laisoo-Devsar in Kulgam district on Sunday, police said.
The bears had ventured into the two villages from nearby forests, they said.
While a bear, which injured three persons in Kulgam, was chased back into the forest by the angry villagers, the other was killed by Wild Life Department.
Earlier, November 8, a 35-year-old man was mauled to death by a wild bear near a forest in Uri sector of Baramulla district in north Kashmir. The bear was also killed by the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly