7 injured in attacks by wild bears in J&K
Srinagar: Seven persons were injured in two separate attacks by wild bears in Kulgam and Pulwama districts of south Kashmir.
The seven villagers were injured when they were attacked by black bears in their villages at Kathpora-Chursoo near Awantipora in Pulwama district and Laisoo-Devsar in Kulgam district on Sunday, police said.
The bears had ventured into the two villages from nearby forests, they said.
While a bear, which injured three persons in Kulgam, was chased back into the forest by the angry villagers, the other was killed by Wild Life Department.
Earlier, November 8, a 35-year-old man was mauled to death by a wild bear near a forest in Uri sector of Baramulla district in north Kashmir. The bear was also killed by the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'