70 police officers transferred in J&K
Jammu: In a major reshuffle, the Jammu and Kashmir government transferred 70 police officers including 24 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, in the state.
The Cabinet, which met here last evening, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, ordered the transfer of 70 police officers, including 24 IPS, an official spokesman said here Tuuesday.
While Mohammad Sulaiman Salaria (IPS), Commissioner Civil Military Liaison was transferred and posted as the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Railways, J&K vice Dr Kamal Kumar Saini (IPS), was moved and posted as the IGP, J&K State Human Rights Commission.
Yoginder Kaul (IPS), IGP, J&K State Human Rights Commission was transferred and posted as the Commissioner Civil Military Liaison, he said.
T Punchok (IPS), awaiting orders of adjustment has been posted as the IGP, Home Guard/Civil Defence, J&K against an available vacancy, while Sham Lal Sharma (IPS), DIG, Home Guards, Jammu was transferred and posted as DIG Trainings, PHQ against an available vacancy.
Mubarak Ahmed Ganie (IPS), DIG, Home Guards, Kashmir was moved and posted as DIG, Security vice Mushtaq Mohammad Sadiq (IPS), was transferred and posted as DIG, Armed, Kashmir against an available vacancy.
Kastoori Lal Bhagat (IPS), DIG Crime, J&K got transferred and posted as DIG, Armed and Jammu vice Johny Williams (IPS) was moved and posted as DIG, Crime, J&K.
Ashok Kumar Atri (IPS), DIG Railways Security was transferred and posted as the DIG, Home Guards, Jammu, he said adding Ali Mohammad Bhat (IPS), DIG, Vigilance was transferred and posted as DIG, (Admn), Police Headquarters against an available vacancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Google may launch its own handset to take on Apple
- Faulty gear-shift lever makes FCA recall 13,092 Maserati cars in US
- Pakistan looks for paid lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata releases exam dates for PGET 2016