70 police officers transferred in J&K
Jammu: In a major reshuffle, the Jammu and Kashmir government transferred 70 police officers including 24 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, in the state.
The Cabinet, which met here last evening, under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, ordered the transfer of 70 police officers, including 24 IPS, an official spokesman said here Tuuesday.
While Mohammad Sulaiman Salaria (IPS), Commissioner Civil Military Liaison was transferred and posted as the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Railways, J&K vice Dr Kamal Kumar Saini (IPS), was moved and posted as the IGP, J&K State Human Rights Commission.
Yoginder Kaul (IPS), IGP, J&K State Human Rights Commission was transferred and posted as the Commissioner Civil Military Liaison, he said.
T Punchok (IPS), awaiting orders of adjustment has been posted as the IGP, Home Guard/Civil Defence, J&K against an available vacancy, while Sham Lal Sharma (IPS), DIG, Home Guards, Jammu was transferred and posted as DIG Trainings, PHQ against an available vacancy.
Mubarak Ahmed Ganie (IPS), DIG, Home Guards, Kashmir was moved and posted as DIG, Security vice Mushtaq Mohammad Sadiq (IPS), was transferred and posted as DIG, Armed, Kashmir against an available vacancy.
Kastoori Lal Bhagat (IPS), DIG Crime, J&K got transferred and posted as DIG, Armed and Jammu vice Johny Williams (IPS) was moved and posted as DIG, Crime, J&K.
Ashok Kumar Atri (IPS), DIG Railways Security was transferred and posted as the DIG, Home Guards, Jammu, he said adding Ali Mohammad Bhat (IPS), DIG, Vigilance was transferred and posted as DIG, (Admn), Police Headquarters against an available vacancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves