7,500 students in Jammu perform `Suryanamaskar`
Jammu: Over 7,500 students on Monday performed `Suryanamaskar`, a special sequence of yoga postures, here as part of Swami Vivekananda`s ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
"Over 7,500 students in over 90 institutes in Jammu performed Suryanamaskar, a special sequence of yoga postures with 10 steps", North-India Samiti coordinator, Gain Chand told PTI.
This was organised as a part of the ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda, with a view to propagate the ideals of Swamiji among school students, he added.
Reports from other districts are still awaited as a target of 16,000 students from over 240 schools has been fixed for the Suryanamaskar programme in Jammu and Kashmir, Chand said.
A nation-wide Suryanamaskar programme is being carried out as part of Vivekananda`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations with the aim to create awareness and interest among students to practice the Yogic exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?