7,500 students in Jammu perform `Suryanamaskar`
Jammu: Over 7,500 students on Monday performed `Suryanamaskar`, a special sequence of yoga postures, here as part of Swami Vivekananda`s ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
"Over 7,500 students in over 90 institutes in Jammu performed Suryanamaskar, a special sequence of yoga postures with 10 steps", North-India Samiti coordinator, Gain Chand told PTI.
This was organised as a part of the ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda, with a view to propagate the ideals of Swamiji among school students, he added.
Reports from other districts are still awaited as a target of 16,000 students from over 240 schools has been fixed for the Suryanamaskar programme in Jammu and Kashmir, Chand said.
A nation-wide Suryanamaskar programme is being carried out as part of Vivekananda`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations with the aim to create awareness and interest among students to practice the Yogic exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- Solar Impulse 2 begins its final flight of world tour, heads to Abu dhabi
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful