7,500 students in Jammu perform `Suryanamaskar`
Jammu: Over 7,500 students on Monday performed `Suryanamaskar`, a special sequence of yoga postures, here as part of Swami Vivekananda`s ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
"Over 7,500 students in over 90 institutes in Jammu performed Suryanamaskar, a special sequence of yoga postures with 10 steps", North-India Samiti coordinator, Gain Chand told PTI.
This was organised as a part of the ongoing 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda, with a view to propagate the ideals of Swamiji among school students, he added.
Reports from other districts are still awaited as a target of 16,000 students from over 240 schools has been fixed for the Suryanamaskar programme in Jammu and Kashmir, Chand said.
A nation-wide Suryanamaskar programme is being carried out as part of Vivekananda`s 150th birth anniversary celebrations with the aim to create awareness and interest among students to practice the Yogic exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey