8 killed as vehicle falls into gorge in J&K
Jammu: Eight persons were on Sunday killed and one other was injured when a passenger vehicle skidded off the road and rolled down into a 800-metre gorge in Doda district, 200-kms from here.
A passenger vehicle on way from Bhaderwah to Chinta, skidded off the road and rolled down the hill in Jai area of Doda, a senior police official said.
According to him, eight persons were killed in the mishap and one person identified as Nitin was rescued.
Nitin has been shifted to government medical college at Jammu for treatment, the official said.
As per the information, nine people were present in the vehicle at the time of mishap in the snow bound area, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH