9 killed, 13 injured in Doda accident
Jammu: Nine persons were killed and 13 others injured, some of them seriously, when a vehicle carrying them skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the ill-fated van lost control over the vehicle at Bhalla in Bhaderwah tehsil, they said.
The vehicle, which was on its way to Bhaderwah from Doda skidded off the road and fell into a 100-feet deep gorge resulting in death of five persons on the spot and injuries to 17 others, they said.
Of the injured, four persons died in district hospital at Doda taking the death toll to nine, they said.
Soon after receiving the information about the mishap, police rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, they said.
All the 13 injured were admitted in Doda hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!