9 killed, 13 injured in Doda accident
Jammu: Nine persons were killed and 13 others injured, some of them seriously, when a vehicle carrying them skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the ill-fated van lost control over the vehicle at Bhalla in Bhaderwah tehsil, they said.
The vehicle, which was on its way to Bhaderwah from Doda skidded off the road and fell into a 100-feet deep gorge resulting in death of five persons on the spot and injuries to 17 others, they said.
Of the injured, four persons died in district hospital at Doda taking the death toll to nine, they said.
Soon after receiving the information about the mishap, police rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, they said.
All the 13 injured were admitted in Doda hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday