9 killed, 13 injured in Doda accident
Jammu: Nine persons were killed and 13 others injured, some of them seriously, when a vehicle carrying them skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the ill-fated van lost control over the vehicle at Bhalla in Bhaderwah tehsil, they said.
The vehicle, which was on its way to Bhaderwah from Doda skidded off the road and fell into a 100-feet deep gorge resulting in death of five persons on the spot and injuries to 17 others, they said.
Of the injured, four persons died in district hospital at Doda taking the death toll to nine, they said.
Soon after receiving the information about the mishap, police rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, they said.
All the 13 injured were admitted in Doda hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!