9 killed, 13 injured in Doda accident
Jammu: Nine persons were killed and 13 others injured, some of them seriously, when a vehicle carrying them skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the ill-fated van lost control over the vehicle at Bhalla in Bhaderwah tehsil, they said.
The vehicle, which was on its way to Bhaderwah from Doda skidded off the road and fell into a 100-feet deep gorge resulting in death of five persons on the spot and injuries to 17 others, they said.
Of the injured, four persons died in district hospital at Doda taking the death toll to nine, they said.
Soon after receiving the information about the mishap, police rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, they said.
All the 13 injured were admitted in Doda hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed grief over the loss of lives in the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers