92 booked in J&K for timber smuggling
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday said 92 people were booked under Public Safety Act (PSA)
for their alleged involvement in timber smuggling in the last
two years in the state.
"While 64 of them were booked under PSA during 2009-10,
28 were booked in 2010-11," Forest Minister Mian Altaf told
The minister said 151 vehicles and 1,620 horses used in
timber smuggling were also seized from various forest areas in
the last two years.
PSA is a tough law which allows detention of a person
without trial for two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video