92 booked in J&K for timber smuggling
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday said 92 people were booked under Public Safety Act (PSA)
for their alleged involvement in timber smuggling in the last
two years in the state.
"While 64 of them were booked under PSA during 2009-10,
28 were booked in 2010-11," Forest Minister Mian Altaf told
The minister said 151 vehicles and 1,620 horses used in
timber smuggling were also seized from various forest areas in
the last two years.
PSA is a tough law which allows detention of a person
without trial for two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...