92 booked in J&K for timber smuggling
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday said 92 people were booked under Public Safety Act (PSA)
for their alleged involvement in timber smuggling in the last
two years in the state.
"While 64 of them were booked under PSA during 2009-10,
28 were booked in 2010-11," Forest Minister Mian Altaf told
The minister said 151 vehicles and 1,620 horses used in
timber smuggling were also seized from various forest areas in
the last two years.
PSA is a tough law which allows detention of a person
without trial for two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj