92 booked in J&K for timber smuggling
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday said 92 people were booked under Public Safety Act (PSA)
for their alleged involvement in timber smuggling in the last
two years in the state.
"While 64 of them were booked under PSA during 2009-10,
28 were booked in 2010-11," Forest Minister Mian Altaf told
The minister said 151 vehicles and 1,620 horses used in
timber smuggling were also seized from various forest areas in
the last two years.
PSA is a tough law which allows detention of a person
without trial for two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway