‘9770 acres of govt land grabbed in Udhampur’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Sunday said as many as 9770 acres (78162 kanals) of land in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir was under illegal
occupation of individuals and land grabbers.
In written reply to an RTI plea of Raman Sharma, the
district administration said in 4 Tehsil of Udhampur district,
government land belonging to the Revenue Department measuring
78162 kanal and 14 marlas (9770 Acres) out of total 645982
Kanal and 06 marlas (80747 Acres) was under illegal occupation
of individuals and land grabbers.
The 650-page reply signed by the the Additional Deputy
Commisisoner(Udhampur) said the estimated value of the
occupied land was Rs 156,32,68,000 (at the aggreagte rate
of Rs.20,000/kanal), the RTI reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?