‘9770 acres of govt land grabbed in Udhampur’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Sunday said as many as 9770 acres (78162 kanals) of land in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir was under illegal
occupation of individuals and land grabbers.
In written reply to an RTI plea of Raman Sharma, the
district administration said in 4 Tehsil of Udhampur district,
government land belonging to the Revenue Department measuring
78162 kanal and 14 marlas (9770 Acres) out of total 645982
Kanal and 06 marlas (80747 Acres) was under illegal occupation
of individuals and land grabbers.
The 650-page reply signed by the the Additional Deputy
Commisisoner(Udhampur) said the estimated value of the
occupied land was Rs 156,32,68,000 (at the aggreagte rate
of Rs.20,000/kanal), the RTI reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan