‘9770 acres of govt land grabbed in Udhampur’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Sunday said as many as 9770 acres (78162 kanals) of land in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir was under illegal
occupation of individuals and land grabbers.
In written reply to an RTI plea of Raman Sharma, the
district administration said in 4 Tehsil of Udhampur district,
government land belonging to the Revenue Department measuring
78162 kanal and 14 marlas (9770 Acres) out of total 645982
Kanal and 06 marlas (80747 Acres) was under illegal occupation
of individuals and land grabbers.
The 650-page reply signed by the the Additional Deputy
Commisisoner(Udhampur) said the estimated value of the
occupied land was Rs 156,32,68,000 (at the aggreagte rate
of Rs.20,000/kanal), the RTI reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror