‘9770 acres of govt land grabbed in Udhampur’
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Sunday said as many as 9770 acres (78162 kanals) of land in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir was under illegal
occupation of individuals and land grabbers.
In written reply to an RTI plea of Raman Sharma, the
district administration said in 4 Tehsil of Udhampur district,
government land belonging to the Revenue Department measuring
78162 kanal and 14 marlas (9770 Acres) out of total 645982
Kanal and 06 marlas (80747 Acres) was under illegal occupation
of individuals and land grabbers.
The 650-page reply signed by the the Additional Deputy
Commisisoner(Udhampur) said the estimated value of the
occupied land was Rs 156,32,68,000 (at the aggreagte rate
of Rs.20,000/kanal), the RTI reply said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened