99 magisterial inquiries in J&K since 1990
Jammu: A total of 99 magisterial probes were ordered and ten commissions of inquiries constituted by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir since 1990 to investigate various incidents resulting in loss of life and property.
This was informed to the Assembly by state Law Minister Mir Saiffullah, who said out of 99 magisterial inquiries, 81 have been finalised and 18 are still ongoing.
The ten commission of inquiries, however, have been completed, he added.
The minister was responding to a question raised by CPI(M) member M Y Tarigami.
Regarding the action taken on the recommendations, Saifullah said the required information is still awaited from the Home Department and will be provided to this August House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid