99 magisterial inquiries in J&K since 1990
Jammu: A total of 99 magisterial probes were ordered and ten commissions of inquiries constituted by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir since 1990 to investigate various incidents resulting in loss of life and property.
This was informed to the Assembly by state Law Minister Mir Saiffullah, who said out of 99 magisterial inquiries, 81 have been finalised and 18 are still ongoing.
The ten commission of inquiries, however, have been completed, he added.
The minister was responding to a question raised by CPI(M) member M Y Tarigami.
Regarding the action taken on the recommendations, Saifullah said the required information is still awaited from the Home Department and will be provided to this August House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued