99 magisterial inquiries in J&K since 1990
Jammu: A total of 99 magisterial probes were ordered and ten commissions of inquiries constituted by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir since 1990 to investigate various incidents resulting in loss of life and property.
This was informed to the Assembly by state Law Minister Mir Saiffullah, who said out of 99 magisterial inquiries, 81 have been finalised and 18 are still ongoing.
The ten commission of inquiries, however, have been completed, he added.
The minister was responding to a question raised by CPI(M) member M Y Tarigami.
Regarding the action taken on the recommendations, Saifullah said the required information is still awaited from the Home Department and will be provided to this August House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok