99 magisterial inquiries in J&K since 1990
Jammu: A total of 99 magisterial probes were ordered and ten commissions of inquiries constituted by successive governments in Jammu and Kashmir since 1990 to investigate various incidents resulting in loss of life and property.
This was informed to the Assembly by state Law Minister Mir Saiffullah, who said out of 99 magisterial inquiries, 81 have been finalised and 18 are still ongoing.
The ten commission of inquiries, however, have been completed, he added.
The minister was responding to a question raised by CPI(M) member M Y Tarigami.
Regarding the action taken on the recommendations, Saifullah said the required information is still awaited from the Home Department and will be provided to this August House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen