9th batch of 2,489 devotees leaves for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A ninth batch of 2,489 pilgrims Saturday left amidst tight security from the base camp here for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch, which includes 543 women and 34 children, left in a convoy of 76 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 4:25 am, police said.
The convoy is expected to reach destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
Including those that left today, as many as 14,592 pilgrims have so far gone onwards from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal