9th batch of 2,489 devotees leaves for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A ninth batch of 2,489 pilgrims Saturday left amidst tight security from the base camp here for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
The batch, which includes 543 women and 34 children, left in a convoy of 76 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 4:25 am, police said.
The convoy is expected to reach destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
Including those that left today, as many as 14,592 pilgrims have so far gone onwards from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman