9th std student commits suicide over his marriage
Jammu: Upset over his parents’ decision to marry a girl of their choice, a ninth class student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forest, police said here Tuesday.
The body of Shabir Ahmed (17) was found hanging from a tree in the forest belt near his Pumara village in Ramnagar belt of Udhampur district here where he allegedly committed suicide last night, a police officer said.
Shabbir had been staying with a friend after his parents chose a local girl for his marriage against his wishes and an altercation occurred. He is believed to have taken the extreme step when his family pressurised him to return and get engaged, police said, adding that he had an affair with another girl.
The body has been handed over to the family after conducting a post mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say