9th std student commits suicide over his marriage
Jammu: Upset over his parents’ decision to marry a girl of their choice, a ninth class student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forest, police said here Tuesday.
The body of Shabir Ahmed (17) was found hanging from a tree in the forest belt near his Pumara village in Ramnagar belt of Udhampur district here where he allegedly committed suicide last night, a police officer said.
Shabbir had been staying with a friend after his parents chose a local girl for his marriage against his wishes and an altercation occurred. He is believed to have taken the extreme step when his family pressurised him to return and get engaged, police said, adding that he had an affair with another girl.
The body has been handed over to the family after conducting a post mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- These 5 automakers are looking for a turnaround in India –Know
- Maruti Suzuki Swift ‘Deca’ teased
- Five effective natural home remedies for treating chikungunya!
- On mistreating women's hockey players: Indian Railways slams report, says players were not made to sit on floor
- Sushma Swaraj, John Kerry to co-chair India-US dialogue