9th std student commits suicide over his marriage
Jammu: Upset over his parents’ decision to marry a girl of their choice, a ninth class student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forest, police said here Tuesday.
The body of Shabir Ahmed (17) was found hanging from a tree in the forest belt near his Pumara village in Ramnagar belt of Udhampur district here where he allegedly committed suicide last night, a police officer said.
Shabbir had been staying with a friend after his parents chose a local girl for his marriage against his wishes and an altercation occurred. He is believed to have taken the extreme step when his family pressurised him to return and get engaged, police said, adding that he had an affair with another girl.
The body has been handed over to the family after conducting a post mortem, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India