9th std student commits suicide over his marriage
Jammu: Upset over his parents’ decision to marry a girl of their choice, a ninth class student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in the forest, police said here Tuesday.
The body of Shabir Ahmed (17) was found hanging from a tree in the forest belt near his Pumara village in Ramnagar belt of Udhampur district here where he allegedly committed suicide last night, a police officer said.
Shabbir had been staying with a friend after his parents chose a local girl for his marriage against his wishes and an altercation occurred. He is believed to have taken the extreme step when his family pressurised him to return and get engaged, police said, adding that he had an affair with another girl.
The body has been handed over to the family after conducting a post mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal