Abandon peace process with Pakistan: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday said the Indian government should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan and instead evolve a mechanism to consolidate national forces in the state against politics of separatism.
"We demand that Government of India should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan," Panun Kahsmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo told reporters here today.
He said a new mechanism should be evolved which consolidates national forces in the state against politics of separatism, and builds effective deterrence against Pakistan`s destabilising role in the region.
"The engagement with Pakistan, which the Government of India chooses to call peace process has squarely failed to deliver honourable peace for the nation," he said.
Instead it has brought recurrent aggression, humiliation and demoralisation for the people of India, he claimed.
Chungroo said it was high time to realise that whatever Pakistan was doing was a logical expression of its security doctrine vis a vis India.
"This doctrine emphatically underlines India as the number one enemy of Pakistan," he said.
The peace process has violated the most sacrosanct aspects of the country`s national existence like sovereignty and integrity, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow