Abandon peace process with Pakistan: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday said the Indian government should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan and instead evolve a mechanism to consolidate national forces in the state against politics of separatism.
"We demand that Government of India should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan," Panun Kahsmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo told reporters here today.
He said a new mechanism should be evolved which consolidates national forces in the state against politics of separatism, and builds effective deterrence against Pakistan`s destabilising role in the region.
"The engagement with Pakistan, which the Government of India chooses to call peace process has squarely failed to deliver honourable peace for the nation," he said.
Instead it has brought recurrent aggression, humiliation and demoralisation for the people of India, he claimed.
Chungroo said it was high time to realise that whatever Pakistan was doing was a logical expression of its security doctrine vis a vis India.
"This doctrine emphatically underlines India as the number one enemy of Pakistan," he said.
The peace process has violated the most sacrosanct aspects of the country`s national existence like sovereignty and integrity, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks