Abandon peace process with Pakistan: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: Panun Kashmir on Wednesday said the Indian government should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan and instead evolve a mechanism to consolidate national forces in the state against politics of separatism.
"We demand that Government of India should abandon the present form of peace process with Pakistan," Panun Kahsmir chairman Ajay Chrungoo told reporters here today.
He said a new mechanism should be evolved which consolidates national forces in the state against politics of separatism, and builds effective deterrence against Pakistan`s destabilising role in the region.
"The engagement with Pakistan, which the Government of India chooses to call peace process has squarely failed to deliver honourable peace for the nation," he said.
Instead it has brought recurrent aggression, humiliation and demoralisation for the people of India, he claimed.
Chungroo said it was high time to realise that whatever Pakistan was doing was a logical expression of its security doctrine vis a vis India.
"This doctrine emphatically underlines India as the number one enemy of Pakistan," he said.
The peace process has violated the most sacrosanct aspects of the country`s national existence like sovereignty and integrity, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid