Abdul Gani Bhat does U-turn on remarks on UN resolution
Srinagar: Senior Hurriyat Conference leader Abdul Gani Bhat, who had raked a controversy by stating that UN resolutions on Kashmir were not implementable, on Wednesday made a U-turn saying he never termed the resolutions as "outdated and impracticable".
"The statement of my public speech (at Sopore last month) is available with me. I have made it clear that UN Resolutions provide the basis for resolution of Kashmir issue in accordance with international justice system but unfortunately have not been implemented so far," Bhat said in response to the show cause notice issued to him by the amalgam.
Two other senior Hurriyat leaders - Nayeem Ahmad Khan and Mohammad Azam Inquillabi - were also issued show cause notices by the separatist amalgam on May 31 for breach of Hurriyat discipline.
The response of Bhat was discussed in detail in the Executive Council of Hurriyat which met under Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq at Rajbagh headquarters here today, a Hurriyat spokesman said adding Bhat along with Aga Syed Hassan Al-Mousvi Al-Safvi, Masroor Abbass Ansari, Mukhtar Waza and Mussadiq Aadil attended.
On May 31, Hurriyat suspended Bhat, Khan and Inquillabi and issued show cause notice to them in the wake of clashes within the amalgam over the relevance of UN resolutions on Kashmir. Inquillabi, a General Council member of Hurriyat, separated from the amalgam after the issuance of the show cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Member of J&K Constituent Assembly Peerzada Ghulam Jeelani passes away
- One of the suspects arrested in the Maidservant rape case in Thane
- Haryana RS elections: Experts question delay in raising objection to Election Commission
- WATCH: This is how Iceland celebrated victory over England with their fans. Goosebumps!
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture