Abdul Gani Bhat does U-turn on remarks on UN resolution
Srinagar: Senior Hurriyat Conference leader Abdul Gani Bhat, who had raked a controversy by stating that UN resolutions on Kashmir were not implementable, on Wednesday made a U-turn saying he never termed the resolutions as "outdated and impracticable".
"The statement of my public speech (at Sopore last month) is available with me. I have made it clear that UN Resolutions provide the basis for resolution of Kashmir issue in accordance with international justice system but unfortunately have not been implemented so far," Bhat said in response to the show cause notice issued to him by the amalgam.
Two other senior Hurriyat leaders - Nayeem Ahmad Khan and Mohammad Azam Inquillabi - were also issued show cause notices by the separatist amalgam on May 31 for breach of Hurriyat discipline.
The response of Bhat was discussed in detail in the Executive Council of Hurriyat which met under Hurriyat Chairman Mirwaiz Umer Farooq at Rajbagh headquarters here today, a Hurriyat spokesman said adding Bhat along with Aga Syed Hassan Al-Mousvi Al-Safvi, Masroor Abbass Ansari, Mukhtar Waza and Mussadiq Aadil attended.
On May 31, Hurriyat suspended Bhat, Khan and Inquillabi and issued show cause notice to them in the wake of clashes within the amalgam over the relevance of UN resolutions on Kashmir. Inquillabi, a General Council member of Hurriyat, separated from the amalgam after the issuance of the show cause notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi