Abolish the two-flag system in J&K: BJP MP
New Delhi: A demand to abolish the two-flag system in Jammu and Kashmir was raised in Rajya Sabha on Monday by a BJP member.
The demand came through a Special Mention from Tarun Vijay who also insisted that the one-flag system was needed to maintain the unity and integrity of the country.
"I demand that the government should abolish the two-flag system in Jammu and Kashmir and there should be only one-flag system," he said.
Vijay also demanded establishment of a memorial for Syama Prasad Mookherjee in Srinagar who died there fighting for the cause of the country`s unity.
KP Ramalingam (DMK) demanded setting up of safety measures at the vital installations of oil and natural gas industries.
Motilal Vora (Cong) asked the government to send a central team of experts to study and advise Chhattisgarh on the problem of drinking water in Rajnandgaon.
Mansukh Mandaviya (BJP), R lakshmanan (AIADMK) and Satyanarayan Jatiya (BJP) also raised separate issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player