Abolish the two-flag system in J&K: BJP MP
New Delhi: A demand to abolish the two-flag system in Jammu and Kashmir was raised in Rajya Sabha on Monday by a BJP member.
The demand came through a Special Mention from Tarun Vijay who also insisted that the one-flag system was needed to maintain the unity and integrity of the country.
"I demand that the government should abolish the two-flag system in Jammu and Kashmir and there should be only one-flag system," he said.
Vijay also demanded establishment of a memorial for Syama Prasad Mookherjee in Srinagar who died there fighting for the cause of the country`s unity.
KP Ramalingam (DMK) demanded setting up of safety measures at the vital installations of oil and natural gas industries.
Motilal Vora (Cong) asked the government to send a central team of experts to study and advise Chhattisgarh on the problem of drinking water in Rajnandgaon.
Mansukh Mandaviya (BJP), R lakshmanan (AIADMK) and Satyanarayan Jatiya (BJP) also raised separate issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"