Absconding PSO arrested, weapon seized in J&K
Jammu: Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a Socialist Democratic Party (SDP) leader, who allegedly shot at a person in Bari Barahamana area of district Samba, has been arrested, police said on Friday.
Mohammad Saleem, who was absconding after the incident, was arrested on Thursday along with the service rifle used in the incident, Station House Officer (SHO) Bari Barahamana, Arun Jamwal, said on Friday.
On a tip off, a police team from Bari Barahamana raided the adjoining forest area and nabbed Saleem, he said.
Asked whether the accused was accompanied by someone else in the forests, Jamwal said Saleem was hiding there along with his two sons -- Irshad Ahmad and Mushtaq Ahmad.
He, however, mentioned that they managed to escape from the spot.
On their involvement in the case, Jamwal said they were also involved in the incident and police was trying to get hold of them.
The SHO, meanwhile, mentioned that several charges including 307 (attempt to murder) were slapped against the accused.
Saleem, engaged as a PSO of SDP leader Gursevak Singh, had last week fired at Irshad Ali with his service rifle after the two had entered into a tiff over some land dispute.
Irshad had received bullet injuries on his legs during the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review