Absconding PSO arrested, weapon seized in J&K
Jammu: Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a Socialist Democratic Party (SDP) leader, who allegedly shot at a person in Bari Barahamana area of district Samba, has been arrested, police said on Friday.
Mohammad Saleem, who was absconding after the incident, was arrested on Thursday along with the service rifle used in the incident, Station House Officer (SHO) Bari Barahamana, Arun Jamwal, said on Friday.
On a tip off, a police team from Bari Barahamana raided the adjoining forest area and nabbed Saleem, he said.
Asked whether the accused was accompanied by someone else in the forests, Jamwal said Saleem was hiding there along with his two sons -- Irshad Ahmad and Mushtaq Ahmad.
He, however, mentioned that they managed to escape from the spot.
On their involvement in the case, Jamwal said they were also involved in the incident and police was trying to get hold of them.
The SHO, meanwhile, mentioned that several charges including 307 (attempt to murder) were slapped against the accused.
Saleem, engaged as a PSO of SDP leader Gursevak Singh, had last week fired at Irshad Ali with his service rifle after the two had entered into a tiff over some land dispute.
Irshad had received bullet injuries on his legs during the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India