Absconding PSO arrested, weapon seized in J&K
Jammu: Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a Socialist Democratic Party (SDP) leader, who allegedly shot at a person in Bari Barahamana area of district Samba, has been arrested, police said on Friday.
Mohammad Saleem, who was absconding after the incident, was arrested on Thursday along with the service rifle used in the incident, Station House Officer (SHO) Bari Barahamana, Arun Jamwal, said on Friday.
On a tip off, a police team from Bari Barahamana raided the adjoining forest area and nabbed Saleem, he said.
Asked whether the accused was accompanied by someone else in the forests, Jamwal said Saleem was hiding there along with his two sons -- Irshad Ahmad and Mushtaq Ahmad.
He, however, mentioned that they managed to escape from the spot.
On their involvement in the case, Jamwal said they were also involved in the incident and police was trying to get hold of them.
The SHO, meanwhile, mentioned that several charges including 307 (attempt to murder) were slapped against the accused.
Saleem, engaged as a PSO of SDP leader Gursevak Singh, had last week fired at Irshad Ali with his service rifle after the two had entered into a tiff over some land dispute.
Irshad had received bullet injuries on his legs during the incident.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception