Accidental grenade blast at Army camp, seven jawans injured
Jammu: An accidental grenade blast at an
Army training camp in Rajouri has left seven jawans injured,
officials said on Tuesday.
During a training drill on handling of grenades in the
practice range in Noushera belt last evening, the device
exploded in the hand of Army jawan Sepoy L Balaji.
Balaji`s hand was blown up and his right eye badly
damaged in the incident, they said.
Six other soldiers were also injured and shifted to
the military hospital for treatment.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16