Accidental grenade blast at Army camp, seven jawans injured
Jammu: An accidental grenade blast at an
Army training camp in Rajouri has left seven jawans injured,
officials said on Tuesday.
During a training drill on handling of grenades in the
practice range in Noushera belt last evening, the device
exploded in the hand of Army jawan Sepoy L Balaji.
Balaji`s hand was blown up and his right eye badly
damaged in the incident, they said.
Six other soldiers were also injured and shifted to
the military hospital for treatment.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...