Accidental grenade blast at Army camp, seven jawans injured
Jammu: An accidental grenade blast at an
Army training camp in Rajouri has left seven jawans injured,
officials said on Tuesday.
During a training drill on handling of grenades in the
practice range in Noushera belt last evening, the device
exploded in the hand of Army jawan Sepoy L Balaji.
Balaji`s hand was blown up and his right eye badly
damaged in the incident, they said.
Six other soldiers were also injured and shifted to
the military hospital for treatment.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes