Accidental grenade blast at Army camp, seven jawans injured
Jammu: An accidental grenade blast at an
Army training camp in Rajouri has left seven jawans injured,
officials said on Tuesday.
During a training drill on handling of grenades in the
practice range in Noushera belt last evening, the device
exploded in the hand of Army jawan Sepoy L Balaji.
Balaji`s hand was blown up and his right eye badly
damaged in the incident, they said.
Six other soldiers were also injured and shifted to
the military hospital for treatment.
Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard
- Mitsubishi Motors overstated fuel economy on eight more models - Nikkei