Acid attack victim from Kashmir admitted to Delhi
New Delhi: A 30-year-old school teacher, who suffered severe burns on her face in an acid attack in Jammu and Kashmir, was on Friday flown to Delhi and admitted to a private hospital where doctors said she will require multiple reconstructive surgical procedures.
The school teacher, who was attacked with acid in Parraypora locality of Hyderpora in Srinagar on Wednesday, was being treated at the Sri Maharaja Hari Singh Hospital till this morning.
The woman was flown to the capital this afternoon and was rushed to Indraprastha Apollo Hospital for further treatment, doctors said.
After conducting initial diagnosis and mandatory procedures on her, doctors said her condition was stable though her left eye has "sustained significant damage".
"The patient has been admitted today afternoon with severe acid burns to her face and small patches on her right upper limbs.
"The burns are deep and will require multiple reconstructive surgical procedures and her left eye has sustained significant damage," a medical bulletin issued by the hospital said.
The hospital said a multi-disciplinary team of doctors was assessing the patient, who has suffered significant burn injuries.
A jilted lover poured the acid on the face of the woman, who was returning home from a coaching centre where she used to teach. The youth, Reyaz Ahmad Nath, who had been harassing the girl for last three years, and his accomplice Mudassir Ahmad have been arrested.
Meanwhile, the commercial hub of Lal Chowk and adjoining areas in Srinagar today observed a two-hour shutdown against the acid attack on the woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!