Acid attack victim to undergo plastic surgery in Delhi
Srinagar: The 30-year-old school teacher, who was attacked with acid by a youth in the city, will be flying to New Delhi on Friday for plastic surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
PDP spokesperson and cancer surgeon Sameer Kaul has come forward to fund the medical expenses of the school teacher, who was attacked yesterday in the city`s posh locality on Srinagar airport road.
This was communicated to the victim and her family by PDP president Mehbooba Mufti when she visited the woman at SMHS hospital here today.
All expenses for the treatment of the woman would be met by Dr Kaul who is also a senior surgeon at Appollo Hospital, the party said.
The youth who had attacked the woman has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert