Acid attack victim to undergo plastic surgery in Delhi
Srinagar: The 30-year-old school teacher, who was attacked with acid by a youth in the city, will be flying to New Delhi on Friday for plastic surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
PDP spokesperson and cancer surgeon Sameer Kaul has come forward to fund the medical expenses of the school teacher, who was attacked yesterday in the city`s posh locality on Srinagar airport road.
This was communicated to the victim and her family by PDP president Mehbooba Mufti when she visited the woman at SMHS hospital here today.
All expenses for the treatment of the woman would be met by Dr Kaul who is also a senior surgeon at Appollo Hospital, the party said.
The youth who had attacked the woman has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf