Acid attack victim to undergo plastic surgery in Delhi
Srinagar: The 30-year-old school teacher, who was attacked with acid by a youth in the city, will be flying to New Delhi on Friday for plastic surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.
PDP spokesperson and cancer surgeon Sameer Kaul has come forward to fund the medical expenses of the school teacher, who was attacked yesterday in the city`s posh locality on Srinagar airport road.
This was communicated to the victim and her family by PDP president Mehbooba Mufti when she visited the woman at SMHS hospital here today.
All expenses for the treatment of the woman would be met by Dr Kaul who is also a senior surgeon at Appollo Hospital, the party said.
The youth who had attacked the woman has been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed