Action taken against 6 cops for Anantnag firing: CM Omar
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
has initiated disciplinary action against six policemen,
including an SSP, over the Anantnag firing incident of last
year, Omar Abdullah said in the Assembly on Thursday.
The chief minister said action is being taken against
the-then Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Showkat Ahmed
Malik along with 4 other policemen, adding that an explanation
had been sought from Mallik who was transferred 2 weeks after
Three people died and several were injured after
police fired on protesting youth in South Kashmir on June 29
A magisterial probe was ordered and cases registered
against four cops including 2 sub-inspectors Feroz Ahmed and
Farooq Ahmed and constables Nissar Ahmed and Sartaj Ahmed
while the SHO was suspended for dereliction of duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!