Ad-hoc workers` issue: JKNPP threatens fast-unto-death
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers
Party (JKNPP) on Tuesday threatened to undertake fast-unto-death in
front of the Raj Bhawan if the government fails to regularise
employment of non-permanent state employees within a month.
The party is demanding regularisation of the services of
all the contractual, ad hoc and other categories of government
employees working in different departments.
"In case the government fails to regularise them within
30 days, we will resort to fast-unto-death in front of the Raj
Bhawan here," Chairman, JKNPP, Bhim Singh told reporters here.
A petition would be filed if the government fails to fill
up all existing vacancies within the stipulated time, he said.
Singh also raised questions about Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram`s recent visit to the state.
"The Union Home Minister visited Jammu province and
invited only the Congress factions asking them to submit a
`Kashmir policy` project which sounds highly provocative and
intriguing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach