Ad-hoc workers` issue: JKNPP threatens fast-unto-death
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers
Party (JKNPP) on Tuesday threatened to undertake fast-unto-death in
front of the Raj Bhawan if the government fails to regularise
employment of non-permanent state employees within a month.
The party is demanding regularisation of the services of
all the contractual, ad hoc and other categories of government
employees working in different departments.
"In case the government fails to regularise them within
30 days, we will resort to fast-unto-death in front of the Raj
Bhawan here," Chairman, JKNPP, Bhim Singh told reporters here.
A petition would be filed if the government fails to fill
up all existing vacancies within the stipulated time, he said.
Singh also raised questions about Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram`s recent visit to the state.
"The Union Home Minister visited Jammu province and
invited only the Congress factions asking them to submit a
`Kashmir policy` project which sounds highly provocative and
intriguing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!