Adequate funding for hospitals constructed under NRHM: Azad
Srinagar: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Monday said the Centre will provide adequate funding to Jammu and Kashmir government for early completion of work on hospitals constructed under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
"We will make adequate allocation in the next financial year for completing the work on hospitals under NRHM," he said after visiting the Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Hospital at Rainawari here.
Azad, along with state Health Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan, visited several hospitals, which are being constructed under the centrally-sponsored NRHM scheme, and reviewed the pace of work.
The Union minister said some money will be provided to the executing agency for carrying out works in the last three months of the current fiscal.
Azad said the purpose of his visit is to review the need for expansion of the hospital infrastructure in view of heavy rush of patients.
"I am surprised there are so many patients, both in the OPD (Out Patient Department) and IPD (In Patient Department). It looks like a public meeting," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why