Advani warns of agitation if integration of Kashmir reversed
New Delhi: Slamming the Centre`s interlocutors on Kashmir, BJP leader LK Advani on Monday warned of a fresh agitation if any attempt was made to reverse the integration process of Kashmir with India.
"Today, we want to take this integration process (of Kashmir with India) forward. We want to abolish Article 370. But if today`s government, those people sitting in power today, want to reverse this and take this integration process backwards, then probably people of India will have to launch another agitation as had taken place at that time," BJP leader LK Advani said here.
Speaking at a conference "Remembering Mukherjee: National Call to Save Kashmir" organised by Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Foundation to commemorate the birth anniversary of the RSS founder, Advani slammed the interlocutors for mentioning such Indian areas of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan as "Pakistan Administered Kashmir".
"Today, suddenly we see in the report of the interlocuters that instead of mentioning `Pak-occupied Kashmir`, they mention `Pak-administered Kashmir`.
"What`s happening? Undermining the unanimous resolution by both Houses of Parliament and undermining the Constitution of India We are raising objections to separate Article 370 for Jammu and Kashmir, which also states that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. By undermining everything, our interlocuters are telling us that it is Pak-Administered Kashmir," the BJP leader said.
Advani also reminded Jammu and Kashmir Chief minister Omar Abdullah that Jammu and Kashmir was integral to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video