Advani warns of agitation if integration of Kashmir reversed
New Delhi: Slamming the Centre`s interlocutors on Kashmir, BJP leader LK Advani on Monday warned of a fresh agitation if any attempt was made to reverse the integration process of Kashmir with India.
"Today, we want to take this integration process (of Kashmir with India) forward. We want to abolish Article 370. But if today`s government, those people sitting in power today, want to reverse this and take this integration process backwards, then probably people of India will have to launch another agitation as had taken place at that time," BJP leader LK Advani said here.
Speaking at a conference "Remembering Mukherjee: National Call to Save Kashmir" organised by Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Foundation to commemorate the birth anniversary of the RSS founder, Advani slammed the interlocutors for mentioning such Indian areas of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan as "Pakistan Administered Kashmir".
"Today, suddenly we see in the report of the interlocuters that instead of mentioning `Pak-occupied Kashmir`, they mention `Pak-administered Kashmir`.
"What`s happening? Undermining the unanimous resolution by both Houses of Parliament and undermining the Constitution of India We are raising objections to separate Article 370 for Jammu and Kashmir, which also states that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. By undermining everything, our interlocuters are telling us that it is Pak-Administered Kashmir," the BJP leader said.
Advani also reminded Jammu and Kashmir Chief minister Omar Abdullah that Jammu and Kashmir was integral to India.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court