After a gap of 7 yrs, people to return to LoC village
Poonch: Around 2,000 people, who left their
village near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district to
escape shelling by the Pakistani troops, will return tomorrow
after seven years.
"Villagers of Kirni will be shifted back to the original
hamlet neat the LoC in Poonch district tomorrow", a senior
Army official told PTI.
A function will be organised tomorrow in the morning at
Kirni to celebrate their return.
The villagers were shifted to new localities in 2004 to
safeguard them from regular firing and shelling by Pakistani
troops, but the confidence building measures between India and
Pakistan marked decrease in firing along the LoC.
"Thus a need was felt to shift the villagers back to
their ancestral village," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song