After a gap of 7 yrs, people to return to LoC village
Poonch: Around 2,000 people, who left their
village near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir`s Poonch district to
escape shelling by the Pakistani troops, will return tomorrow
after seven years.
"Villagers of Kirni will be shifted back to the original
hamlet neat the LoC in Poonch district tomorrow", a senior
Army official told PTI.
A function will be organised tomorrow in the morning at
Kirni to celebrate their return.
The villagers were shifted to new localities in 2004 to
safeguard them from regular firing and shelling by Pakistani
troops, but the confidence building measures between India and
Pakistan marked decrease in firing along the LoC.
"Thus a need was felt to shift the villagers back to
their ancestral village," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH