Afzal Guru`s execution will renew militancy: JKLF
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference and
JKLF on Thursday called for protests against hanging of Parliament
attack convict Afzal Guru, saying his execution will lead to
a renewed phase of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Hurriyat faction headed by Syed Ali Shah Geelani
called for protests after the Friday congregation prayers,
warning that Guru`s execution will create a "storm".
Meanwhile, JKLF said they will stage a protest tomorrow
at Lal Chowk against hanging of Guru.
"Tomorrow we will protest against the hanging of Guru,"
JKLF chairman Yasin Malik told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video