Afzal Guru`s execution will renew militancy: JKLF
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference and
JKLF on Thursday called for protests against hanging of Parliament
attack convict Afzal Guru, saying his execution will lead to
a renewed phase of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Hurriyat faction headed by Syed Ali Shah Geelani
called for protests after the Friday congregation prayers,
warning that Guru`s execution will create a "storm".
Meanwhile, JKLF said they will stage a protest tomorrow
at Lal Chowk against hanging of Guru.
"Tomorrow we will protest against the hanging of Guru,"
JKLF chairman Yasin Malik told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation